Rail Futures is an independent, non-partisan group formed to advocate sustainable rail solutions for public transport and freight problems. Our membership includes very experienced rail professionals, engineers and economists.
We believe the case for rail solutions needs to be argued with sound commercial, economic and social reasoning, and we wish to contribute to better public debate on transport problems from a rail perspective.
President: John Hearsch
Secretary: Bill Russell
Treasurer: Graeme Macmillan
Committee Members: Michael Buxton, David Hill, Peter Tesdorpf, Jackie Fristacky.
- We intend to act strategically, and contribute only to major debates
- We intend to support rail projects where there are clear public interests reasons to do so
- We wish to co-operate with any organisations that share our goals
- We will support our advocacy with engineering and commercial reasoning
- We will operate in a transparent manner